Connecticut Legal Malpractice Plaintiffs' Attorneys
If a lawyer loses a case, you have a right to be disappointed in your choice of legal counsel.
You may also have a valid claim for legal malpractice if the lawyer's representation fell below the required standard and resulted in losing your case.
At Swerdloff & Swerdloff, we are Connecticut legal malpractice plaintiffs' lawyers who hold attorneys responsible for their actions. We seek compensation if you were inadequately represented.
Common Examples of Legal Malpractice
There are numerous errors and instances of misconduct that rise to the level of malpractice. If you have been the victim of malpractice, you may be able to file a claim for money damages against your former lawyer.
Our dedicated attorneys can advise you if your claim is valid. Some of the typical cases of legal malpractice involve:
- Taking money from you and not performing legal services
- Misappropriating your money
- Failing to file a legal claim within the statute of limitations
- Failing to file required documents within the deadline
- Failing to engage expert witnesses to support a claim
- Settling a legal matter because the lawyer has not prepared for trial
- Failing to initiate discovery to uncover assets
- Putting the lawyer's own interests ahead of your interests
- Failing to disclose a conflict of interest in a legal matter
Do Not Lose Compensation Because of a Legal Error
You may be bound by the mistakes of your lawyer in a legal case. For example, if a lawyer misses the statute of limitations in a personal injury lawsuit, you will not have an opportunity to file the lawsuit with another lawyer. In such cases, your only recourse for compensation is to file a professional negligence claim against the attorney who represented you and missed the statute of limitations.
When you have been harmed by an attorney's negligence, we can help. At our West Hartford law firm we are very aggressive in holding other lawyers financially accountable for making errors that no competent attorney should make.
Contact Us to Schedule a Free Consultation
If you have a question or concern regarding a malpractice claim, contact us, Connecticut legal malpractice plaintiff's attorneys online or call 860.985.9424 to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.