Divorce and Custody Contempt Attorneys

Court orders must be followed.

However, sometimes people ignore their legal duties. When this happens, a person is in contempt of the court order.

At Swerdloff & Swerdloff, we are West Hartford contempt lawyers who help individuals ensure that their spouses and ex-spouses follow the terms of court orders.

With more than 35 years of experience, you can rely on us to make sure that your interests are properly represented and that you receive that to which you are legally entitled.

We Handle Pre-Judgment and Post-Judgment Contempt Orders

To be found in violation of a court order, the party in question must know about the order, have the present ability to fulfill it, and willfully refuse to do so.

The consequences for violating a court order can be severe. One possible result is that the court may order a party jailed to provide an incentive to comply with its order. Our dedicated Connecticut family law attorneys can seek pre-judgment and post-judgment actions for all violations of court orders including cases where:

  • A parent refuses to pay child support
  • An ex-spouse has not paid spousal support for a number of months
  • A parent is violating the terms of a visitation or access order

You have options to force your ex-spouse to comply and follow the law. Likewise, there are options available to you if you are accused of not following court orders.

The skilled attorneys at our West Hartford law firm will guide you through the process to ensure that court orders are being followed. We will put our experience to work for you in an efficient and compassionate manner.

If you have been accused of contempt of court orders you need aggressive contempt attorneys. The powers of the court in contempt cases are very broad and include the power of putting the party in contempt in jail. We are experienced in defending against accusations of contempt.

Call to Schedule a Consultation With a Connecticut Divorce Contempt Lawyer

If you are having difficulty holding a spouse or ex-spouse responsible for following a court's judgment, we can help. Contact us or call 860.985.9424 to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced family law attorneys.